When is the right time to become Federally or State approved for a particular Business Certification?
We frequently get calls from businesses asking us to certify them for a specific certification after one of their vendors asks them for it. This poses a few problems. First, depending on the certification being requested, it can take some time getting certified. Recently we received a call from a local business asking us to help them get certified for the Federal WBE certification. One of their vendors was requesting they have the certification so that they can justify giving their contracts to a WBE certified firm. We were then notified that they need to be certified in two weeks. The agency themselves will need up to 90 days to review the application and approve the company, so getting them approved within a two week time frame was impossible. Although the client did hire us to proceed, they did lose that contracting opportunity.
when should you apply for a Certification?
The time to apply is NOW. If you are aggressively seeking Government work, there will come a time when one of your vendors will request for a certification to justify giving you the contract. Your company should always be ready to jump on an opportunity to bid and win a contract. If you wait until the last minute, the opportunity will be lost.
Important things to consider?
1. Do you want to work with the Federal or State Governments?
2. What Certifications do you qualify for?
3. What certifications would benefit you now?
4. Which certifications will benefit you in the future?
Please visit our Video Testimonials page HERE
* SBC Consultants, Inc. is a Los Angeles based consulting firm focusing on assisting Small Business obtain their Federal and State Certifications. Our products include but are not limited to: SBA 8a Certification, WOSB, WBE, DBE, MBE and SB Certifications.